Update your SYNC Software
You must be authenticated to use this feature.
The latest version of SYNC 3 gives your vehicle even greater capabilities. In this update, you’ll get access to Ford + Alexa and Waze. With Ford + Alexa, you can easily access your music, news, weather, sports, and more, as well as control your smart home devices from your vehicle. Plus, avoid traffic issues by navigating with Waze. We’ve also enhanced the general performance of the system.
A software update is available!
- This process may take up to 90 minutes. If you experience longer processing times or need assistance, please use SYNC Chat or the Ford and Mercury help line at ford.com/help/contact.
- You will need access to your computer and vehicle for this update.
- You will need to be parked in an open area.
- You will need a USB storage drive that:
- Has at least 8 GB capacity; actual downloads may vary as maps are included
- Is not currently password protected
- Is formatted to exFat
NOTE: Some vehicles are equipped with an “Automatic Engine Shutdown” option and due to the length of time for the update process this feature should be Disabled. You can find this feature on the left hand cluster display (use left hand switch Control > Settings > Vehicle and uncheck the box next to “Auto Engine Shutdown”). For more details, refer to your owners manual “Starting and Stopping the Engine” section for information on how to disable this feature.
Step 1 of 4: Start Download
This portion of the update will start on your computer. The download should start automatically after you click “Download Files”
Your download is being generated. Please check back soon to download your update.
You do not have a download available at this time.
You're all up to date.
Please use your desktop for this software update. (USB is required to move files from the desktop to vehicle)