Driving your plug-in hybrid efficiently
Your hybrid plug-in is designed to offer impressive fuel efficiency and MPGe ratings,* with great range** and mileage.
Your personal driving habits, however, like where and when you drive, can also affect your range in electric mode, as well as your fuel economy in hybrid mode.
Your plug-in hybrid uses a combination of gasoline and battery power. The degree to which battery power is used is dependent on road conditions, the weather, and your particular driving style.
Here are some smart tips to help you further optimize your range and fuel economy:
OPTIMIZING YOUR MILES PER CHARGE AND MPG
- The integrated generator and regenerative braking provide power to the lithium-ion battery, which - in tandem with the 2.0L Atkinson engine - offers impressive hybrid fuel economy and performance.
- To maximize battery capability and operate longer in EV mode, you can easily plug into a standard 120-volt outlet or an available 240-volt charging station.
- The next-generation SmartGauge® with EcoGuide provides real-time information, letting you monitor how your driving behavior affects vehicle efficiency.
- Brake Coach helps you optimize the regenerative braking system so that your driving range can be maximized through proper braking techniques.
- The MyFord® Mobile smartphone app and Web portal let you monitor and schedule battery charging to help you maximize your driving range, find charging stations and more.***
- Plug into Ford to get interactive learning tools now.
*EPA-estimated rating of 88 combined MPGe. MPGe is the EPA equivalent measure of gasoline fuel efficiency for electric mode operation. Actual mileage will vary.
**EPA-estimated driving range of 620 miles. EPA-estimated rating of 38 combined mpg; 14 gallon tank; 19 miles electric. Range calculation based on fueleconomy.gov. Actual mileage will vary. Actual range varies with condtions such as external elements, driving behaviors, vehicle maintenance, and lithium-ion battery age.
***MyFord Mobile subscription complimentary for five years from the vehicle sale date as recorded by the dealer. Subscription fees apply after five years. MyFord Mobile requires a compatible 2G independent cellular network. Evolving technology and cellular networks may affect future availability and functionality.