How to reverse pair your phone
To use any of the phone features for SYNC®—such as making a call or using SYNC Services—you must first connect, or "pair," your Bluetooth®-enabled phone. Some smartphones use a four-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) and cannot accept the six-digit PIN provided by SYNC. Reverse pairing allows you to pair a phone requiring a four-digit PIN.27,48,129
Make your phone discoverable
You'll usually find Bluetooth, the wireless technology that allows your device to connect to SYNC, on your mobile device through the Main menu> Settings> Wireless and Networks> Bluetooth.
Once you access Bluetooth settings, choose discoverable or hands-free. Consult your device manual instructions for how to enable Bluetooth and make your device discoverable. You may also need to scan for devices on your mobile phone.
1. Enable your phone’s Bluetooth® feature and make your phone discoverable.
2. Press the Phone button to access the Phone Menu. Press OK.
3. Press the arrow buttons until Add a Device displays. Press OK.
4. SYNC prompts, "Press OK to begin pairing device." Press OK.
5. SYNC prompts, "Search for SYNC on your device and enter the PIN provided by SYNC." Press OK.
6. When SYNC displays the six-digit PIN, press the Seek arrow until Special PIN displays. Press OK.
7. The number 0000 displays.
8. When your phone displays a similar prompt to enter a PIN, type the same numbers, 0000, and press OK or enter.
If your phone asks if you always want to accept this request, choose Yes.
9. Upon successful pairing, a message displays confirming the phone is connected. Your phone is now paired.
You can make this your primary phone and download your phonebook.