How to perform a master reset
If you experience problems with SYNC®, you can perform a master reset. This process erases all stored data, such as call history, text message information, and previously paired phones, and restores your system to factory settings.27
- Your vehicle must be in Park and running, not in Accessory mode
- Familiarize yourself with the controls in your vehicle
- Make a note of any saved Navigation points and other personal data. This process will erase all of your data from SYNC, and will restore SYNC to factory settings
- Press the PHONE hard button.
- Select the 'Settings' tab on the touchscreen.
- Select 'Advanced'.
- Scroll using the seek buttons on the touchscreen and select 'Master Reset'.
- SYNC will ask you to confirm. Press 'YES' to continue.
- SYNC will confirm when the master reset is complete.