How to pair your phone with SYNC with Voice-Activated Navigation
To use any of the phone features for SYNC® with Voice-Activated Navigation, such as making a call, receiving a text message, or using SYNC Services—you must first connect, or "pair," your Bluetooth®-enabled phone. Pairing is what allows Bluetooth devices to communicate securely with each other.
Please note that SYNC with Voice-Activated Navigation can make and receive calls using only one paired phone at a time.27,48,129
1. Turn on your
- Mobile phone
2. Enable your phone’s Bluetooth® feature and make your phone discoverable.
3. Select Phone with the radio or steering wheel button or touchscreen to access the Phone Menu.
4. Press Settings on the touchscreen.
If this is the first phone to be paired, this will be a pop-up; otherwise, touch the Settings tab.
5. Touch Add.
If other previously paired Bluetooth-enabled phones or media players are turned on during the pairing process, SYNC will list them on the screen.
6. SYNC prompts, "Search for SYNC on your device and enter the PIN or Pass-key provided by SYNC."
A six-digit number will display on the screen for three minutes, during which time SYNC actively seeks the same number from your phone.
7. On your phone, type the six-digit number displayed by SYNC.
Upon successful pairing, SYNC displays a message confirming that the phone is connected.
8. Exit the phone pairing process by touching OK on the Exit message.
Quick Tip: Make your phone discoverable
You'll usually find Bluetooth®, the wireless technology that allows your device to connect to SYNC, on your mobile device through the Main menu> Settings> Wireless and Networks> Bluetooth.
Once you’ve accessed Bluetooth settings, choose discoverable or hands-free. You may also need to scan for SYNC on your device. If you’re having trouble, please consult your device instructions for enabling Bluetooth and making your device discoverable.