How to report a successful SYNC installation
After you’ve installed the latest SYNC® with MyFord Touch® software updates in your vehicle, be sure to report the successful installation.27
- To perform the following steps, you must first complete the previous procedure: How to install updates in your vehicle
- Activate your SYNC Owner account (if you haven’t already done so), by logging in and registering your vehicle
- Locate an empty USB drive that holds 2 GB or more of data and is not password-protected
- Remove the USB drive used to install the software update from your vehicle’s media hub and take it to your computer.
- Sign in to your SYNC Owner account.
- Visit the SYNC Software Updates page. If you see a notification saying, "You have recently downloaded an update," then you are eligible to confirm that you were able to update your SYNC system successfully. Choose Confirm Update.
- You'll be instructed to connect your computer to the USB drive that you used to install the SYNC software update to your vehicle.
When you've inserted the USB drive, choose Report Update to Ford.