How to transfer your contacts to SYNC
To use any of the phone features for SYNC® with MyFord Touch®—such as making a call, receiving a text message, or using SYNC Services—you must first connect, or "pair" your Bluetooth®-enabled phone. Some smartphones use a four-digit Personal Identification Numbers (PIN) and cannot accept the six-digit PIN provided by SYNC. A reverse pairing allows you to pair a phone requiring a four-digit PIN.27,48,129
- Connect your phone to SYNC and touch the Phone corner of the 8-inch touchscreen.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch Manage Phonebook Options.
- Touch Phonebook Download.
You can download 2,000 entries. If your phone is compatible with the SYNC photo ID feature, your contact photos should also be transferred automatically.The process can take a few minutes, depending on the number of contacts. When the download is finished, Phonebook Download Complete displays.
- Touch a person's name to view contact information for multiple locations.
- Once you transfer your phonebook, press or pull the Voice button and ask SYNC to call a person at home, on mobile, or at the office.
When you receive a call from someone in your phonebook, SYNC displays the person's contact information.