How do I install a SYNC software update?
You have an advanced Ford technology at your fingertips when running the most recent SYNC® software version in your vehicle. Keep pace with innovation by installing SYNC updates when they become available.
Here’s how to install SYNC® with Voice-Activated Navigation® software updates in your vehicle:
Before you start
- Download the desired SYNC update from your SYNC Owner Account onto a USB drive.
- Remove any other USB drives, devices or non-navigation SD cards that are plugged into your vehicle’s USB ports.
In your vehicle:
1. Start your vehicle. You will need to leave the engine running for the entire installation process.
You can drive your vehicle during this process without interrupting the software update, or leave your vehicle running while parked in a safe place. (Please do not leave your vehicle unattended.)
- Turn on the audio system, and set your audio volume at a low, but audible, level.
The installation should begin automatically.
3. Press the media control.
4. Press User Device on the Navigation screen. Press Settings and then Install.
5. SYNC will display, “Begin Installation?”
- Press Yes on the Navigation screen.
While the update is loading, SYNC will not recognize your mobile phone or media device.
7. In another five to ten minutes, SYNC says “Installation Complete.” The system then reboots, which takes several minutes. SYNC may also say, "The system will now reboot. Please wait a few moments before using the system." Do not attempt to use SYNC during this time.
8. SYNC prompts “Installation Complete.” Touch OK on the navigation screen, and then press the MENU control to exit installation mode.
9. It is now safe to remove your USB drive.
10. Once you have installed the SYNC software updates, you’ll need to pair your phone again. To complete the process, take your USB drive to your computer to report the successful installation.
- If your vehicle has an optional SD Card Navigation system, this update is compatible with A3, A4, and A5 SD cards only. If you’re currently using an A1 or A2 SD card, call 800-392-3673 to request a new SD card.
- If your vehicle is equipped with the Intelligent Access with Push Button Start feature, you will need to temporarily disable the Automatic Engine Idle Shutdown (AEIS) component before beginning the installation, in order to prevent your vehicle from timing out and shutting off the engine before the software update is complete.