Why doesn't SYNC AppLink recognize my apps?
Using your mobile apps while keeping your eyes on the road and your hands on the wheel is a great convenience. We know how aggravating it can be if you can’t access them.
Here are a few troubleshooting tips to ensure that SYNC® AppLink™ can access your compatible mobile apps.27,43,63
Note: SYNC AppLink-compatible mobile applications are available for Android™, and iPhone® smartphone platforms, and new applications are being added regularly. Applications can be purchased and downloaded through Google Play and the iTunes® App Store. Not all smartphones support SYNC AppLink, and not all applications are available for all phone platforms.
Note: SYNC AppLink is available on select vehicles. SYNC AppLink is not available on vehicles equipped with MyFord Touch®.
1. Ensure your mobile app is the latest version
- Download and install or update the latest version of your SYNC-compatible mobile apps on your device.
2. Configure and personalize your app account
- Make sure you have an active account for the app you just downloaded. Some apps will work automatically with no setup. Others require you to configure your personal settings and personalize your experience by creating stations or Favorites. It’s best to complete configuration and personalization before connecting your device to SYNC.
3. Confirm that the app is running on your iOS device
- iPhone apps must be installed, open, and running in the foreground.
- SYNC AppLink works with iOS devices, such as iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, iOS 6.0 and later.
4. Connect your device to SYNC to use SYNC AppLink
- Android users must connect their paired phone to SYNC through Bluetooth.
- iPhone users must use a USB cable to connect their device to SYNC. Apple® users must connect their device via USB and have compatible app running in background.
Note for 2010-2012 Ford owners who have updated their SYNC system to include AppLink
After installing a new application on your mobile phone, close all apps and restart your phone. Once your device reboots and you’ve paired it, check to see if SYNC can find the new app. If not, try restarting your vehicle. Please notice that SYNC may take up to 70 seconds to discover a new application on an iOS device after it has been plugged in.