Why can't I reply to texts using voice commands?
You can reply to text messages with any one of the 15 preset messages provided by SYNC® 3.
Using preset messages helps to keep your eyes on the road and your hands on the wheel.27
Here’s how to reply using the preset text messages and voice commands.
Before you start
- See if this feature is available with your phone by checking the compatibility chart.
- Ensure that your phone’s Bluetooth® functionality is turned on, and your phone is paired to SYNC 3.48 (Help me pair my phone.)
- Make sure your vehicle’s Do Not Disturb feature is turned off. On your touchscreen’s main phone menu, the Do Not Disturb button should not display a light.
1. After SYNC 3 reads a text message, to reply to the most recent message, press the Voice button and say, "Reply to text message."
2. SYNC 3 will then display the list of preset messages with corresponding numbers.
3. Reply with the number of the message you would like to send.
4. SYNC 3 will confirm your choice.