How do I pair my iPhone with SYNC?
Connect your iPhone with SYNC® 3 to make and receive hands-free calls. 27,43
Here’s how to pair your iPhone with SYNC 3:
Start your vehicle, and power on your iPhone.
Enable your iPhone’s Bluetooth® feature.48
- Press Settings > Bluetooth
- Press the Bluetooth slider to turn on Bluetooth.
From the Feature bar on the bottom of the SYNC home screen, press Settings > Bluetooth > Add a Bluetooth Device.
Go back to your iPhone’s Bluetooth settings.
- Your iPhone will scan for Bluetooth devices.
- SYNC will appear under “Other Devices.”
- Press SYNC when it appears.
Both your iPhone and SYNC touchscreen should now display a six-digit PIN.
- Verify that the two numbers match.
- Press Pair on your phone, and Yes on your SYNC touchscreen to confirm.
- A confirmation screen will ask you to Set as Favorite Phone, and Auto-Download your contacts. Make your selections, and press Finish to complete the process.