Why can't I reply to texts using voice commands?
You can reply to text messages with any one of the 15 preset messages provided by SYNC® with MyFord Touch®.27
Using preset messages helps to keep your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road.
Here’s how to reply using the preset text messages and voice commands.27
Before you start
- See if this feature is available with your phone by checking the compatibility chart.
- Check to be sure that your SYNC software is the latest version.
- Ensure that your phone’s Bluetooth® functionality is turned on, and your phone is paired to SYNC.48 (Help me pair my phone.)
- Make sure that your vehicle’s Do Not Disturb feature is turned off. On your touchscreen’s main phone menu, the Do Not Disturb button should not display a light; you can also opt to use the voice command, “Do not disturb, off.”
1. After SYNC reads a text message, press or pull the Voice button and say, "Reply to text message."
2. SYNC will display a list of 15 preset messages on your touchscreen, and ask you to pick one to send.
3. Either press or say the corresponding number of the text message you wish to send.
4. SYNC will then confirm that your message has been sent.