FordPass Mobile App
Information We Collect: We collect the following types of information through your use of FordPass (including when you visit a FordHub) or third-party services that integrate with FordPass, which we also may combine with other information you have previously provided, or that we have collected from other sources:
- Information you provide to create an account or sign-in to an existing account, or utilize available services such as name, email address, street address, telephone number, credit card, Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), and vehicle service records. You must have an account to use FordPass mobile app, and to access certain functionality on the FordPass website.
- Information we collect through FordPass includes:
- Precise location information is collected from your mobile device and/or vehicle in connection with location-based functions of FordPass. This information includes Global Positioning System (GPS) data and location derived from IP address. This information can be used to determine your device or vehicle’s current location, travel direction, and speed. If you have enabled location services on your device, this data may be collected when the app is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from other device data such as Wi-Fi access points, cell towers, and your IP address, whether location services are on or turned off, through the permission system used by your mobile operating system.
- Vehicle Information, such as the VIN, ID of key in use, hardware model and part numbers, status of vehicle systems (e.g., warning lights, fluid levels, fuel consumption, distance to empty, battery charge status, tire pressure, locks, doors, fuel shut-off, and air bags), vehicle diagnostics, odometer, and other information about how the vehicle is performing.
- Driving Characteristics, such as speed, use of accelerator, brakes, steering, seat belts, and other similar information about how the vehicle is used.
- Computer or Mobile Device Information, such as software or operating system version, unique device identifiers, IP address, mobile network information, and mobile phone number and motion related information from your mobile device’s accelerometer, gyroscope and compass.
- Information about how you use FordPass or third-party services that integrate with FordPass, such as when and for how long you use features and when you contact us, a record of your communication.
- FordPass may also use tracking technologies that collect information about how FordPass is used and how it is performing including if it crashes, and which may be able to be connected across devices and over time. These may include cookies (small files that are stored on your computer or device), pixels or web beacons (small pieces of code placed on web pages and content that communicate when the page or content has been viewed), log data (logs created that include IP address, date and time of activity, and the website or location that referred you to FordPass), or third-party analytics tools, such as Adobe Analytics, Aptelligent, and DynaTrace). Some of these technologies can be limited or deactivated through your browser or device settings, but some cannot. FordPass does not respond to “Do-Not-Track” requests.
How We Use Information We Collect: We use your personal information – information that reasonably identifies you – to provide you with great functionality and services, allow you to control certain vehicle features, fulfill requests you’ve made in FordPass, personalize your experience, troubleshoot problems, develop new and improved products, services, and marketing strategies and research, to protect safety, property, privacy, and security, or to comply with legal requirements. If you provide us with an email address for forward-to-a-friend functionality, we will use the email solely for the purpose of forwarding to your intended recipient. WE MAY send communications about products, services, offers, promotions, news, and more that are customized based on your personal information, including your location, speed, and driving characteristics. You may choose not to provide certain personal information (such as not entering a VIN to connect to your vehicle or not entering a credit card to use My Wallet services), but this may limit or prevent use of certain features. We may use and share non-personal information for any purpose.
How We Share Information: We do not provide personal information obtained through FordPass to anyone for independent use without providing you a choice, except as follows:
- We may share personal information obtained through FordPass and FordPass Rewards, including vehicle information and information regarding FordPass Rewards, with our authorized dealers and our affiliates (the group of companies related by common control or ownership).
- We share your personal information with trusted service providers under agreements that limit how they may use your personal information and require adequate safeguards.
- We may provide personal information to external companies under contract with us to enable delivery of the services and where they are subject to confidentiality and security obligations.
- We may share your personal information without notice to you where we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary to: comply with a legal requirement or enforceable governmental request; protect and defend our or our affiliates’ rights or property; act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Ford or affiliate personnel, users of our vehicles, websites or apps, or the public; and detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, safety, or privacy issues.
- To provide you with updated and personalized location search results through your SYNC 3 in-vehicle system that you have connected to FordPass, we use cloud-based location services provided by Telenav, Inc. (“Telenav”). To provide these services, Telenav obtains certain information, including: a unique user ID assigned by Ford, your current GPS location and planned route and/or destination information from your SYNC 3 in-vehicle system or mobile device, your address or point of interest search requests and search results selections, information about your use of the location search service, its performance, and your related actions and selections. Telenav may use this information to provide, improve, and enhance its products and services, and may store such information for up to two (2) years. By using location search services, you agree that we can disclose this information to Telenav for its use for these purposes.
Children’s Privacy: FordPass does not knowingly intend to collect personal information from children under 13 years of age.
How to Contact Us, Access, or Control the Use of Your Information: For more information or to request correction or removal of personal information, contact us as at
800-232-5952 (TDD for the hearing impaired)
Available M-F 8:00 am - 11:00 pm EST
Available Sat. 8:00 am – 8:00 pm EST
Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center
P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, MI 48126
Security and Retention of Your Information: We use systems, policies, procedures, and technology to provide reasonable security to protect and maintain the security and accuracy of your information. We will only retain your personal information for so long as reasonably necessary to fulfill legitimate business purposes.