Smart Tips For Efficient Plug-In Hybrid Driving
Want to drive smart with your C-MAX Energi or Fusion Energi? Both hybrid plug-in choices are designed to give you impressive fuel efficiency.* Your Ford plug-in hybrid has an impressive MPGe rating. But it’s important to note that fuel economy ratings can vary. Your plug-in hybrid uses a combination of gasoline and battery power. The degree to which battery power is used is dependent on your personal driving style, driving conditions, the weather, as well as where and when you drive.
• The integrated generator and regenerative braking provide power to the lithium-ion battery, which in tandem with the 2.0L Atkinson engine, helps deliver hybrid fuel economy and performance
• Both C-MAX Energi and Fusion Energi also give you the option of plugging in. To maximize battery capability and operate longer in EV mode, you can easily plug into a standard 120-volt outlet or an available 240-volt charging station
• The next-generation SmartGauge® with EcoGuide provides real-time information, letting you monitor how your driving behavior affects vehicle efficiency
• Brake Coach helps you optimize the regenerative braking system so that your driving range can be maximized through proper braking techniques
• The MyFord® Mobile smartphone app and Web portal let you monitor and schedule battery charging to help you maximize your driving range, find charging stations and more**
Plug into Ford
Get interactive learning tools now.
*Fusion Energi and C-MAX Energi have an EPA-estimated rating of 108 city/92 hwy/100 combined MPGe. Actual mileage will vary. MPGe is the EPA equivalent measure of gasoline fuel efficiency for electric mode operation.
**MyFord Mobile subscription complimentary for five years from the vehicle sale date as recorded by the dealer. Subscription fees apply after five years. MyFord Mobile requires a compatible 2G independent cellular network. Evolving technology and cellular networks may affect future availability and functionality.