How To Use MyKey®
The available innovative MyKey® system ensures that important safety features remain on, automatically muting the audio system volume whenever Belt-Minder® is activated. It also allows you to choose and place limits on speed (80 mph maximum) and audio system volume, and can even bring the low-fuel light on sooner.
To program MyKey® on one of the keys programmed to the vehicle, simply insert the key you want to make a MyKey® into the ignition or the backup slot if you have a push-button start and start your vehicle. You can then use the message center buttons to do the following:
- Get into the main menu, select SETTING, then MYKEY, by pressing the OK button or the right arrow button.
- Press OK to select CREATE MYKEY.
- Hold the OK button as prompted until you see a message that the key is restricted.
The MyKey® feature allows you to program a restricted driving mode associated with a key of your choosing. In other words, the MyKey® is the key you will want to give to other drivers. Administrator keys are any other keys for the vehicle that are not restricted. For example, yours. The admin key can be used to program optional MyKey® settings, and clear the MyKey® features. It also allows the user to check in the message center to see how many MyKey® and admin keys are programmed to the vehicle, and see the total distance the vehicle has been driven with the MyKey® active.
To program optional settings with MyKey®, turn the ignition on using an admin key, then use the message center buttons to do the following:
- Get into the main menu, select SETTINGS, then MYKEY, by pressing the OK button or the right arrow button.
- Use the up and down arrow buttons to get to the optional feature you’d like to program.
- Press the right arrow button to bring up the settings for that feature.
- Press the OK button or the right arrow button to make your choice.
Starting Out Right
Need more help?
SYNC® with MyFord Touch®/MyLincoln Touch™
• Fluid Top-Off
• Battery Test
• Filter Check
• Belts and Hoses Check